- How was an iPhone setup? (1/28/2019) - I’ve realized just how important it is to blog vs just do a webcast when I was completing my course updates. I would stumble upon a webcast, but didn’t have time to watch it, so I looked in another direction. This made me realize that I should write down everything I put into a webcast. … Continue reading How was an iPhone setup?
- Determining when an iOS backup was created (8/30/2018) - One point of contention in the FOR585 Advanced Smartphone Forensic class is – which files store the correct datetime for when a user created an iOS backup? I’ve engaged in a few friendly arguments over this topic and it recently popped up again when Lee was teaching in NYC in August. Every time this question comes … Continue reading Determining when an iOS backup was created
- Forensic Grunt Work (8/27/2018) - Looking to blog and don’t know where to post it? I am happy to host your thoughts for you. Below is the first guest blog post by a past FOR585 student. If you have something to write about, please let me know. by Terrence D. Williams I have revisited this same post in my mind … Continue reading Forensic Grunt Work
- Smartphone Acquisition: Adapt, Adjust and Get Smarter! (6/25/2018) - June 25, 2018 I have been recently asked by students for a summary on how to handle smartphone acquisition of iOS and Android devices. I have avoided writing it down, like I would avoid the Plague, because mobile changes so quickly and I don’t want people to read something and live by it. I wrote … Continue reading Smartphone Acquisition: Adapt, Adjust and Get Smarter!
- First the Grinch and now the Easter Bunny! Where is Apple Maps hiding? (3/30/2018) - Why is it that I stumble upon a smartphone artifact that drives me bonkers around holidays??? I am in the midst of the FOR585 course updates and I go through everything in great detail during this time. I expect to see major changes in a full version update (aka iOS 10 to iOS 11 … Continue reading First the Grinch and now the Easter Bunny! Where is Apple Maps hiding?
It's time to get SMARTER!