- iOS 13 – Summary for those of you who enjoy the cliffsnotes (9/26/2019) - For those of you who don’t have time to read for585.com/ios13, here is a mini summary for you. First – If the backup is NOT encrypted you will not get: Maps Calls Safari Health Keychain Wallet Apple has upped their game on protection it seems, so you need to encrypt to extract. I used iTunes … Continue reading iOS 13 – Summary for those of you who enjoy the cliffsnotes
- …Won’t you back that thing up: a glimpse of ios 13 artifacts (9/25/2019) - Don’t lie – the song is already in your head. And if not, maybe it will be by the end. If you know me, titles/taglines, whatever you want to call them, are not my thing. But since testing iOS 13, I feel like I have backed that thing up a billion times! I dump, I … Continue reading …Won’t you back that thing up: a glimpse of ios 13 artifacts
- I’m not hiding, I swear! (9/17/2019) - If you are wondering where I have been, the answer is easy – busy! But I haven’t been ignoring you. Since joining Cellebrite, I have been working on sharing my research through their channels. To be honest, between that and SANS, I haven’t had time to blog on my own. So, here is just my … Continue reading I’m not hiding, I swear!
- How was an iPhone setup? (1/28/2019) - I’ve realized just how important it is to blog vs just do a webcast when I was completing my course updates. I would stumble upon a webcast, but didn’t have time to watch it, so I looked in another direction. This made me realize that I should write down everything I put into a webcast. … Continue reading How was an iPhone setup?
- Determining when an iOS backup was created (8/30/2018) - One point of contention in the FOR585 Advanced Smartphone Forensic class is – which files store the correct datetime for when a user created an iOS backup? I’ve engaged in a few friendly arguments over this topic and it recently popped up again when Lee was teaching in NYC in August. Every time this question comes … Continue reading Determining when an iOS backup was created
It's time to get SMARTER!