- Get FOR585 at 50% off for Law Enforcement (8/9/2017) - How, you ask? See below. If you apply the Local LE discount (50%) to the Advanced Smartphone Forensics (FOR585) the cost is ~$2550 but we only have a limited amount of seats at this rate per class so act soon. Only those at the State and Local level who carry a badge can access the program. For everyone … Continue reading Get FOR585 at 50% off for Law Enforcement
- A breath of fresh air! Conducting application analysis with Oxygen Detective (8/2/2017) - See what I did there? I am getting craftier with these blog titles. First things first – this is NOT a sponsored blog. I am just really impressed with the bounds Oxygen is making in the mobile world. I have been using Oxygen for years and this last update has really impressed me. I test … Continue reading A breath of fresh air! Conducting application analysis with Oxygen Detective
- How the Grinch stole Apple Maps artifacts… or did he just hide them? (12/23/2016) - Happy Holidays everyone! Tis the time to be relaxing with family or just sitting in your office writing a blog. 🙂 This post is brought to you thanks to a FOR585 Advanced Smartphone Forensic alumni who could not locate an artifact he learned about in class. This artifact is tied to Apple Maps on iOS … Continue reading How the Grinch stole Apple Maps artifacts… or did he just hide them?
- Update: Solutions for iOS10 – Encrypted Backup Files, Cracking Passwords and Data Acquisition (9/23/2016) - Happy Friday everyone. After my post last week, I was in touch with several vendors about what was occurring, my thoughts and how they intended to fix the problem when it comes to accessing the backup file data. Since then, two vendors (Cellebrite and Elcomsoft) reached out with an updated solution. I tested these tools … Continue reading Update: Solutions for iOS10 – Encrypted Backup Files, Cracking Passwords and Data Acquisition
- A glimpse of iOS 10 from a smartphone forensic perspective (9/17/2016) - I immediately installed and started using iOS 10.0.1 when the full release was available. For this testing, I used my non-jailbroken iPhone 6S and iTunes 220.127.116.11 with the addition of free and commerical tools. My intention is to share my initial thoughts on what is different in iOS 10 and what to expect when you … Continue reading A glimpse of iOS 10 from a smartphone forensic perspective
It's time to get SMARTER!